Maurice Malone Resume
Maurice Malone embodies the total package of a fashion designer and entrepreneur. A veteran in fashion and denim manufacturing since age 19, he has been called, “the Steve Jobs of Denim,” by Brooklyn Magazine and creative thought leader, Fast Company, for his work in Williamsburg Garment Company. Launched at the end of 2011, he proved using today’s technology, one person working alone could build and operate an internationally known brand.
Regarded as one of the world’s top denim designers, Maurice is also the inventor of the best technique used for the mass production of realistically textured denim jeans washing. At a time when the denim manufacturing industry used clips and tacks, then rolled racks of jeans into large walking ovens to create textured wrinkles, Maurice drew-up plans which used heated tubes or flexible mannequins to cure resin treated jeans that mimic the natural shape of jeans worn on the body to enhance the hand sanding.
A legend of Hip Hop fashion, Maurice is one of the founding fathers of the Urban Streetwear market from his work in the early 1990s. He also assisted in the production of “8-Mile” the movie. His Mojeans brand was a top seller in Urban / Hip Hop fashion until he pulled it from the market in 2001 to pursue runway shows in the men's and women's designer market. Entering New York Fashion Week in 1996, he earned a 1997 nomination for the CFDA's Perry Ellis Award for New Menswear Designer of the Year.
To contact for collaboration, licensing or employment opportunities, send an email through our email form or visit the Linked-in profile.
- A Masters understanding of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & MS Office
- A great teacher and problem solver
- Knows garment construction and production sewing
- Grades sizes and corrects fit
- Calculates denim shrinkage and test fabric
- Visionary sees market changes before they happen
- Expert in Search Engine Optimization and content writing
- Researches the market for ideas, trends and exploits opportunities
- Creates marketing strategy and coordinates department relationships
- Creates product branding and story
A Masters understanding of tech packs in most categories of clothing with a clear understanding of the differences between working with domestic and overseas factories.
Instructs factories via tech pack, sample markup or personal instruction. Understands mass production garment washing and dry process.